Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

Posted by Tim

New Years eve was pretty cool, but not a blast.  Went to a meeting and afterwards there was a party up in Deer Valley at a beautiful condo.  It was very cool going up the mountain to get there.  I was wiped at 11 and went home by 12.  I guess I'm getting pretty lame.

 

New Year's Day was time for skiing.  Not too packed and pretty tame.  I noticed I was getting tired of doing the same runs and skiing by myself.  I only went a few hours and called it quits.

 

the canyons 078

 

the canyons 032

 

The snow was pretty thin in spots so I'm sure I scratched up my skis pretty good.  Oh well.  They need to be tuned soon anyway.

 

All the gear.

 

the canyons 021

 

The area where I ski has some amazing, sick homes built on the mountain.  Nutty views and monstrous.

 

Dream home:

 

the canyons 01

 

20090102_0118

 

Drive getting up there.  Definitely 4 wheel drive territory.

 

20090102_0117 

 

The rest of the weekend I didn't do much but watch documentaries on netflix.  I watched like 7 movies as I just streamed them onto the laptop while laying on the couch.  Very cool.

 

Friday night it dumped huge, heavy thick snow and I once again was unable to make it up the driveway.  I was so pissed and frustrated as we spent an hour trying to get up.  I was cussing the mountains and not happy.  I left my car on the street.

 

20090103_0088

 

I finally made it in and played around with my new camera.  Still getting used to it.  I think it is like laptops.  Never going to be SLR performance on a point and shoot.  Oh well.  Seems to do ok.  Test shot of kitchen.

 

20090102_0189

 

I went skiing today with my roommate and it was awesome.  Barely anyone on the mountain, sunny with decent groomers, and it was great skiing with someone else.  He is better than me but he did say I skied really well, especially for as long as I've been skiing.

 

20090104_0080

 

20090105_0059

 

It was negative 2 or something at the start, however, but dressing for it it wasn't bad.  I'm off to do a little work tonight and watch some more movies.  I'm hooked.  Headphones and the laptop with netflix.  My solution to living in this winter wonderland.  I'm still a warm, summer guy at heart and always will be I'm afraid.

0 comments: