Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of the Year

Posted by Tim

The last weekend was nice but rather uneventful.  I watched a lot of tv but I did go skiing 3 times over the break.  I ordered a new small camera for Christmas for myself and hope to get it any day now.  I'm really excited to have a good little camera to use while skiing and for taking everywhere again.  Supposed to be a great camera and relatively inexpensive.  The Canon SD770 IS for $159 from Amazon.  I looked today and it was $20 more.  Not sure how they price those things but I'm not complaining.

 

Back on Christmas morning, the dogs had the most fun.  They each had a gift wrapped and when Tressa put them down the dogs dug in and shredded the paper.  It was really cool.  I don't think I've ever seen dogs dig in so fast.  They were going at the goods inside within seconds.

 

dogs3

 

dogs1

 

dogs2  

 

Anyway, I wanted to share the pics of the dog since it was cool.  Since it snowed 19 inches on Christmas the driveway was not very driveable.  It's a really good thing I bought some snow tires as I wouldn't be leaving otherwise.

 

drive

 

It was also very interesting to see the parking lots at the outlet mall and how the snow accumulates.  I'm sure it is nothing compared to what it will be in a few months but it is pretty crazy nonetheless since I've never really seen anything like it.

 

park city

 

I drove down and checked out Yes Man on Saturday and just took it easy.  Trying to ski deep powder on Friday killed my legs and I wasn't ready to hit it again.  The movie was decent with a good message about saying yes to life.  Something I could really learn from.  In Salt Lake right off the 80 is a little park area where tons of kids sled and tube down the hill.  I'm sure it's a blast for them.

 

salt lake1 

 

Tomorrow is of course New Year's eve and I don't have too much going on.  I'd just as soon stay home but I'm sure I'll do something.  I don't really have any expectations so it doesn't really matter to me.  I want to work out as I haven't been doing anything but eat.  On Sunday I ate nearly a whole pumpkin pie after skiing.  It was pretty good and the whip cream is like crack.  So good. 

 

More snow on the roads.  Looks a lot different than when I got here.

 

park city2

 

I'm really getting ready for the festival to start.  The crazy thing is that it's all going to be over so fast and then I'm going to be going Oh shit once again as I move onto the next phase of my life.  I don't mind different quick phases as long as they kind of lead one into the other.  That is not usually the case, however.  I know something will work out and I just need to enjoy the festival and where I am for now.

0 comments: