Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Posted by Tim

Yesterday we got off work at 12:30 and since I had an idea this was going to happen I brought my ski stuff.  I went over to the Canyons and it was a beautiful day.  They had a few new runs open so I gave them a shot. Very humbling as they were harder with bumps and I didn't do so well.  I tried a double blue and it was bumpy and very hard.  I wiped out 2 times but it was kind of fun.

 

I went back to my tried and true runs and they were a lot of fun as I feel myself getting better at times.  It comes and goes but we'll see.  I do know that my quads burn all the time and that hasn't gotten easier.

 

I picked up my car yesterday with the snow tires.  I was excited to test the car out on the driveway as that was the main reason to get them.  I took a little running start and it went up with no problem.  I was so happy as it was pretty freaky sliding down the driveway with the car spinning sideways before. 

 

Today my 2 roommates and I opened gifts and it was pretty cool.  I always love giving a gift and watching someone open it.  I bought my landlord a cool Mountain Living Magazine so she could read it on her trip to Tahoe today.  I don't know how she is going to get out of here as there are sustained 30-40 mph winds up here.  It shouldn't be so bad at the airport but who knows?

 

There is supposed to be 20-30 inches of snow possible today and tomorrow and none of it is sticking here at home as the crazy wind is blowing the snow at a 90 degree angle and there is really no accumulation.  It's blowing right into the mountain so that will be wild to see when the storm ends.

 

I guess the rest of the day I'm going to eat pumpkin pie and watch tv.  Don't feel like getting out in the storm.

0 comments: