Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Posted by Tim

The weekend was pretty low key.  I went over to a friend's house on Thanksgiving Day and had the normal turkey and dressing and some amazing pumpkin pie.  It was awesome and it never ceases to amaze me how easy it goes down and how much I can eat.  I wound up eating 3 whole pumpkin pies over the 4 day weekend.  At least it wasn't cheesecake. 

 

The rest of the weekend I went to several meetings, hung out with a friend playing pool, driving around looking at multi-million dollar houses in Deer Valley and Park City.  I wish I would have had my camera as there were simply some amazing homes that had breathtaking views that are indescribable.

 

Overall I am really all over the place living here.  Some days or parts of days I feel happy with things and enjoy what I'm doing and what is going on.  Other times I feel cornered in and claustrophobic with the cold weather and it just seems like life is closing in on me.  I simply prefer the sun and warmth to sort of blossom and open up energetically.  I really think the skiing is going to help as it will be such a different and new experience that will I'm sure be very fun and fulfilling.

 

Saturday we went up to the Stein Ericksen Lodge in Deer Valley and had lunch.  It was so cool and exactly the mountain vibe I've always envisioned with the mountain ambiance, the nice restaurant, and the views of the white ski slopes.  It was really cool.

 

I think I'm learning so much about myself here and hopefully I will grow forward in a positive direction.  I certainly haven't been doing things well or effectively in many years and I can only hope I move towards a good life.  We'll see.

0 comments: