Sunday, November 23, 2008

Work

Posted by Tim

Last week was finally the first week I've worked at a job in 1.5 years.  It was nice to go to work and have somewhere to go and taking the bus turned out to be a nice adventure.  The office is really cool, basically a converted old mining building.  The finish out is definitely done in a mountain feel and all of the furniture and chairs were new 2 years ago so all is clean and nice.  I would say there are about 70% women to men and most are in good shape, living the mountain, active lifestyle.

 

View of the building:

 

sundance office4

 

It was a pretty long week, however, as we did not have a lot to do and most of the week was spent reading employee and departmental manuals from prior years.  A lot of the time I was trying to act busy and search something work related on the internet.  This week plans to be more eventful and more time will be allotted to training on specific computer applications and procedures.

 

View from parking area of golf course.  Nice.

 

sundance office2

 

sundance office1

 

There are some cool condos right around the building which all went for over a million.  Location location location I suppose.  The developer supposedly sold out at the peak a few years ago and ran away to the bank.  Good timing.

 

Today my battery went dead on my car so I got a jump and headed straight to auto zone.  After going around and around about payment the manager finally warranted my battery and gave me a very slightly used battery for a free swap.  Truly amazing and a spiritual God shot for sure.  He was amazing.  I felt like crying almost as it was such an act of generosity as he was truly trying to help.  I showed him I only had $7 and he told me about being stuck in Egypt with only $7 and how it was.  Awesome.

 

Doesn't look like we'll really have snow for Thanksgiving so that is a bummer.  Time to get creative I guess on my 4 day weekend next week.  We'll see.  Not much else going on.  Not spending any money and have been living on peanut butter sandwiches and pasta.  Finally.  Trying to get a routine; work, workout, eat at home, and meetings.  Pretty simple and I think really good for now.  I'm slowly realizing that the rock star life I've always wanted just isn't happening for me.  I'm 36 so that is a pretty good indication that I'm probably not headed in that direction.  It's only been leading me to crazy choices, insane thinking, and sabotaging actions.  Pretty nutty for sure.  The good thing is that this is a very simple, non tempting place to live and start living a simple, normal life.  I certainly don't feel so tempted to be a part of something crazy exciting and glamorous.  We'll see.

0 comments: