Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Snow is Here

Posted by Tim

Today it really started to snow.  I woke up and the snow was blowing at a 90 degree angle.  It added to the charm of the place and the view from the living room was amazing.

 

back2

 

I'm really looking forward to skiing.  I need to check with my work and see if they have any sort of discount passes available or a deal on a season pass.  I figure I can rent equipment for a while until I figure out what I really want and need.

 

I went to Salt lake again today and I think I'll probably spend a decent amount of time getting to know the city during my stay here.  I like it for now and it's got a neat vibe with the winter coming on.  Tonight when I was driving home it was slightly treacherous but I gladly made it home.  The snow was coming down and it was almost hypnotizing and it was hard to see the road with the white snow falling.  I never felt the car slip, however, so I'm hoping I can make it through the winter without snow tires.

 

View from front balcony and driveway.  This is the area that could be a problem as it is a pretty steep incline while going through several feet of snow.  We'll see.

 

front

 

My parking spot.  Unfortunately not covered but the snow came off effortlessly this morning and it's nothing like the Dallas ice so far that seems impossible to scrape off.

 

front2

 

Other than that I'm going to join the gym down the street and start working out again regularly.  I also want to do the spin classes and others such as Yoga and Pilates.  It will be nice to do something else besides ride.   

0 comments: