Monday, November 3, 2008

Got a Room

Posted by Tim

I got into Park City yesterday morning and immediately looked at a room outside of town.  It was a cool room but very secluded and not on the bus route.  I went and looked at 2 more places before I met a woman at her house near Kimball Jct. and checked out the house.  It was amazing and just what I wanted with stunning views and a nice room.  I checked out the place for a while and met the roommates and before I leave she asked if I had a place to stay for the night.  I hesitantly stated no so she said I was welcome to stay there.  Wow.  Very cool and not like in the bigger cities.

 

I slept really well and in the morning decided to go look at one other place that I thought might be in the Downtown area.  That would be ideal but it is difficult to find something reasonable down there and I really didn't want to gamble and lose out on this place.  I went and looked at the room but I just wasn't into it very much.  I called the place back I'd stayed in last night and told her I wanted it.  It felt good to have a place and it was truly amazing how quickly everything worked out.  I'm very relieved as I only stayed in a hotel 3 nights coming out here which was great!

 

The views from the place are amazing and it is so peaceful.  From the driveway:

 

frontnight

 

The living room faces the mountains which should develop significant snow very soon.  Time for snow tires:

 

living1

 

living2

 

Along the side of the house is a nice walkway facing the mountains.

 

backyard

 

My room.  Still unpacking.   The owner is an interior decorator so the place is done up really nicely. 

 

room1

 

Another view from the driveway in the evening.  I'm in love with this place and very grateful. 

 

It is a little out of the town, about 10 miles from downtown Park City but the bus is right in front of the house and it is free.  The place is also close to the shopping areas for food and there are 2 great gyms right down the road.  Time to get back in shape and lose the 10 pounds I gained over the summer.

 

Now I'm just waiting till November 17th to start work and get into a solid routine.  It has been a long time and I'm ready for some structure.  I need it and I really think I'll meet some cool people at work.      

0 comments: