Sunday, November 2, 2008

Park City Bound

Posted by Tim

I haven't written on here in a while as I haven't been inspired.  Wrapping up things in San Diego and preparing for the move brought up a lot of anxiety and fear of the change that I don't think I handled really well.  My car required $2,000 in repairs right before leaving for a leaking head gasket, intake, and water pump.  It seems to be doing well though so that is good.

 

Check out the valves.  Very dirty!

 

engine3

 

The mechanic definitely earned his money.  He kept slinging parts off the engine and setting them on the ground.  Amazing he could get the car back together and it work.

 

engine

 

engine2  

 

I made it to Vegas on Thursday night and booked a $34 room at the Tropicana.  Cheap and they upgraded me to a really nice room on the 18th floor.  The room stunk like major BO, however, and I can only imagine what must have been going on in the room in previous visits.  I tried not to touch things.  I went out to Coyote Ugly and had a few margaritas and met up with a cool Aussie guy who was in town for a few days on his way to spend the winter at a ski resort in Canada.  Parallel paths.  We wound up going to a club at the MGM and it was really cool.  Incredibly hot women and a great band with a pearl white grand piano.  I wound up drinking quite a bit and finally made it to sleep around 5.

 

The next day I headed on the beautiful drive up the 15 to Salt Lake.  I almost fell asleep a few times so I pulled into a nice gas station area overlooking the mountains and took a 1.5 hour power nap.  Much needed.  I finally made it close to Salt lake, got a Motel 6 room, grabbed a double meat Sonic burger (heal meal), and called it a night.  Not exactly an amazing Halloween but the night before was enough.

 

I'm now in the midst of Park City and will post more soon. 

0 comments: