Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vegas

Posted by Tim

We drove up to Interbike on Wednesday morning.  Dan from the bike club picked me up around 9 and we took his kid to school.  We then went and picked up a guy he met from Craigs List that needed a ride to Vegas in Escondido.  The guy lived in Vegas and he was pretty cool.  After stopping at Quizno's for lunch we made it to Vegas around 2:30.  We went to the show and walked around for a while checking out the sea of bikes and craziness.  It was wild how big.  Every time I wanted to leave the place I couldn't find the way out.  It was like a labyrinth. 

 

The expo was really cool but since I didn't have official business it got old after several hours.  I saw what I wanted to see and the rest was just going around in circles.  Rock Racing had Tyler and Freddie signing autographs which was pretty cool.  My favorite bike of the show is the Pinarello Prince in black.  Beautiful: and probably around $12K.

 

inter2

 

Another cool one was the Colnago Extreme Power.

 

inter1 

 

There were tons of others but the Pinarello was a work of art.  Stealth black and so nice I wouldn't really want to ride it.

 

That night we went out to eat with the Sock Guys at P.F. Changs and they were generous enough to buy us dinner as well.  Thanks.  We then went to the Westin and started drinking some beers and watching the prostitutes work the bar.  It was wild, there were at least 8 working the whole bar and some would leave and new ones would come.  One got thrown out by the managers.  Pretty crazy.  I wound up drinking too many beers and crashed around 5:00am. 

 

I got to Interbike the next morning around 11:30 and was told that we were to meet up later at 6 pm.  Wow, 6.5 hours to kill.  I didn't want to go anywhere else so I circled the expo for hours before finally going to eat lunch.  I managed to kill the day after a trip to the Mirage for old times sake.  We made it out of Vegas round 7 and home in a little over 4 hours.  Quick trip but definitely enough. 

 

This weekend I took it easy and willed my body to return to 100%.  Takes me forever these days after drinking.  Not 21 anymore.  That is about it for now. 

0 comments: