Tuesday, September 23, 2008

LA Again

Posted by Tim

I've been feeling pretty well lately.  I've been surrendering and trusting and getting out of my incessant need to figure everything out.  Last week at the beginning of the week I had the idea come up that it was time to go to LA again.  I called Tim in LA and he didn't call back.  After several days I got ahold of him and decided to take off the next day, Friday.  It was perfect timing.

 

His girlfriend was out of town so we hung out and had a great time.  It is amazing how differently I see LA now than I did 13 years ago when I lived there.  Back then all I saw was the entertainment industry.  Now all I see are diverse people and the beauty and energy of the place.  I love the energy and the amount of stimulating things to do.  I hung out most of the time in Santa Monica and enjoyed it immensely.  On Saturday I took a ride down to Manhattan Beach and back to Santa Monica.  That night Tim and I went to the Standard Hotel in downtown LA to meetup with a friend from Orange County.  It was a great time and such an amazing hotel.  Wish I had a camera to take a picture as it was an amazing view from the room of all the huge skyscrapers.  Downtown LA has been redone really well and it is way cool.

 

Saturday we took a drive to Palos Verdes and checked out the cliffs.  Another amazing place.

 

pv2

 

The houses on the other side of the road from above.

 

PV1

 

Finally another pic of me.

 

new2

 

Overall it was a great time and I think it is best that I leave LA as a brief fling every couple of months to enjoy a different energy than down in Carlsbad.  It is very slow here but it is also nice and easy.  I think the contrast for now will prove more dramatic and I will appreciate the opposing energies of each place and can thus enjoy each place more. 

 

Tomorrow I'm headed to Vegas for Interbike.  I've wanted to go for years and I put the intention out there a few weeks ago and a guy posted he was looking for someone to ride up there and share the costs so I wrote him back and we're headed out tomorrow am.  More to follow.

0 comments: