Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Churn and Burn

Posted by Tim

Well, the job only lasted 2 days.  They said I wasn't picking up things quickly enough.  They had me doing data entry and filing and I wasn't picking it up fast enough.  That is quite interesting.  You would think they could at least communicate something to me.  I left for the day and a few hours later the recruiter calls and told me the news.  I was like, "Are you kidding?"  I admit that I did ask a lot of questions as I was doing things there way and I didn't want to enter something incorrectly.  That is just the way I am.  If I don't know how to do it perfectly or I'm not sure about some small detail I'm going to ask instead of guessing and finding out later it was all jacked up.  Little did I know that this would jeopardize things.  Pretty humbling as I think I can handle filing papers and entering bills.  My brain did kind of shut down on the second day and I felt like I couldn't remember anything.  Maybe my subconscious was leading me out of there.  Oh well.  Back to the search I just love.

 

Today I went and picked up my bike from B&L with some new handlebar tape and I went for a ride up the coast.  I've been enjoying starting at the coast and riding down instead of riding from the house.  Getting down La Costa seems sketchy and going up the huge hill to get home up Alga at the end is a pain in the butt.

 

Leaving Del Mar towards Torrey.

 

delmar

 

Arriving at the foot of Torrey Pines I rode up the less steep part as I wanted to take it easy for the most part as tomorrow morning's ride is always pretty hard.

 

torrey

 

At the end of the ride I went over to Encinitas and dropped off a few library books.  The library is beautiful and has a great view of the ocean.  This shot is on the road of the library.  Nice area.  I'd really like to eventually move close to the coast and find some room like I have now right near the beach.  It's out there just a matter of finding it.

 

encinitas3

 

The overlook at Moonlight Beach is really nice and it never gets old to stare out at the sunsets and watch the surfers.  Really cool stair walk that the city constructed. 

 

encinitas2   

 

I got this really cheap camera on ebay that another rider uses on his rides.  He takes great pictures and I thought it would be cool to have a little camera to take around everywhere since I really don't carry my SLR many places.  This camera is tiny and fits in my pocket.  Its a finepix Z1.  Only 5 megapixels but it was only around $50 on ebay and it will be just fine.  I don't like not having any manual controls but oh well.

 

Tomorrow I'm thinking about taking a drive up to Palomar Mountain.  The guys on the team are going to do a race up it Sunday so I want to go and check it out as I haven't seen it.  Probably not like the quote unquote mountains I am used to seeing but I'm sure it is nice.  I can't imagine racing up it, however.

0 comments: