Monday, September 8, 2008

Work Part Deux

Posted by Tim

Well, I started another job today.  This is an accounting job in Del Mar for a smaller company.  I arrived at 7:30 and got positioned at my new desk.  The computer was ridiculous.  Lucky I overheard that they had ordered a new one.  This was a 1.6Ghz P4 with 256MB of RAM.  It didn't even have the minimum requirements to run Quickbooks Enterprise.  Other than that the day went well and the 2 other women in accounting were super nice and it seems like a good fit.  They asked me back tomorrow so that is a good sign.  I just have to make sure I don't piss anyone off and get trigger happy with my mouth if I start to feel trapped or cornered in anyway.  It's so nice to have a job and it's in a great area.

 

After work I took my bike to the shop for a minor tweak and went out for a ride up to the top of La Jolla and back.  Just a smooth and easy ride and it was nice to just enjoy the beach.  The waves were really kicking at Swami's and I felt a pretty strong desire to get out there.  Next year for sure.  I need to meet a few people that have extra boards to just go out and try it.  I think I'll be pretty good or at least a quick learner.  I know it's not easy.

 

Since I haven't worked a regular job in over a year it is going to take a little time to get used to my new schedule.  Work starts at 7:15 so no staying up till 2:00am. 

 

So rumor has it Lance it coming out of retirement as I'm sure the whole planet knows by now.  Will definitely make for a fun tour next year and all eyes will be glue to Versus if he indeed makes a comeback.  Time will tell.

 

It didn't really work out with the 40 year old.  All she talked about was how rich all her friends were and what businesses they owned and how her life was with her ex boyfriends and how rich they were.  It was hard for me to feel like enough when I didn't even have a job and it really brought up how I feel pretty lame right about now.  I don't really do much except read, ride my bike, play some tennis, and that's about it.  Not exactly the life of a playboy or a mogul.  I really hope to start feeling better about things by just going to work every day and feeling like I have some place to be and something to do.  I get off at 3:15 so I have so much extra time to develop other hobbies or interests which is nice.  It's time to get productive again and hopefully one day I'll dive head first into some business venture again and blow things up.  It feels so amazing to have the vehicle and the drive to make something happen.  I really miss that about 1998 when I put everything I could into making the satellite gig blow up and prosper.  Who knows.

0 comments: