Sunday, September 7, 2008

Schmoozapalooza

Posted by Tim

I went to an action sports networking event in Downtown San Diego on Friday, Schmoozapalooza or something like that.  Oakley was there and I went to their booth first.  Talked to the guy and introduced myself.  He basically gave me a website of a recruiting company that they work with and I was on my way.  Didn't know if that was the process but went to the next booth at Reef.  Talked to a recruiter named Heather and she suggested I rework my resume to the credit side and send it over to her.  The lines were incredibly long and it took several hours to get through 2.  On the way back to my car I remembered I parked in a meter and it was surely done.  Yes, nice little gift on my windshield, $30.

 

I really like downtown San Diego and would love to live in one of the many high rises near the water.  The views are surely spectacular and I hope to eventually live in one if I stay here over time.  I like the energy down there and it is so nice that it is on the water for the most part.

 

Saturday morning I went on the Swami's ride and did not know what to expect.  I took 9 straight days off over the prior 2 weeks so I didn't expect much.  When we hit the hills I got gapped and rode in with the second group but I felt surprisingly well, considering.  I have basically lost 6 pounds over the last 2 weeks and I could tell that really helped.  I never saw the significance of weight in Dallas as it didn't matter as much.  Out here in the hills, however, each pound makes a big difference.  Now I need to actually ride more and lose about 5 more pounds.

 

Last night I went to see Tony Lucca in his show at Lestat's coffee shop down in Normal Heights.  It was a nice, quaint show with Tony performing acoustically and it was cool catching up with Tony after the show.  I was wiped out from the ride and I could tell he was tired so we said our farewells and I was off back up 35 miles north to Carlsbad.

 

My car hit the 100,000 milestone yesterday.  I always think that is pretty cool for some reason.  Goofy and inconsequential but cool to me.

 

Not much else going on this weekend.  I will say that it has been difficult meeting like minded people that I break into their circle.  They are out there but I don't seem to be good at generating the friendships.  I always feel like I have to take things slow and see people over time to hang out.  One thing I thought about was how most of my friends in Dallas over the last 8 years or people I was acquainted with I met through my roommate Oren.  There were about 15-20 people I knew through him introducing me to them.  I guess there are many more things for me to learn in this life.

0 comments: