Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cold

Posted by Tim

The last few days have been pretty chill.  I woke up both days, made breakfast and headed over to a meeting at noon in town.  Great group of people and I have really been welcomed despite my initial fear of not being accepted.  Not sure what I was thinking.  Walking to the meeting today I snapped a nice pic near main street.

 

city

 

The snow has really made this place even more beautiful.  The only problem is that it's starting to get really cold to me.  I don't have a lot of cold weather gear so my plan is to buy a smaller jacket soon to get me through the tough winter.  People today have been telling me about days where it is 40 to 10 below Zero and they are skiing.  Completely nuts.  I thought the die hard cyclists were crazy.

 

I'm really grateful to have the time to go to so many meetings and meet some great people.  I have been feeling very nutty before arriving here and since settling in and going to a meeting a day things are feeling so much better.  I feel grounded again and so much happier and hopeful about being here and the near future.

 

Yesterday I joined the health club down the street.  It is a very nice club and there is another location in town which might work better after work.  I'll see.  No 24 hour fitness's out here so that was my best option. 

 

Tomorrow I hope to catch up with a guy I met and play some indoor tennis.  I always used to love playing indoors years ago at the Houston City Club so this will be my next chance.  Feels awesome hitting the ball in perfect conditions without the harsh sunlight.

 

Leaving this morning I shot the exterior of the house.  The star is the landmark to make it home.  That is all for now.

 

house1

0 comments: