Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tennis

Posted by Tim

Friday evening I went to the ski swap in town and wanted to check out some jackets as I really need a medium weight jacket.  I've got a few fleece sweaters and a huge, heavy ski jacket but nothing in between.  I got in the swap late so there was no line and decided to check out the skis and boots.  Needless to say the deals were pretty crazy so I got some skis, boots, poles, and gloves to have for the season.  I figure I can use it for the season instead of renting for $40-50 a day and come out ahead.  I can also sell the stuff later on ebay if I choose to. 

 

I woke up Saturday early and went to the courts to play tennis at 8.  I was definitely rusty after not playing in 2 months or so and it took me a bit to get grooving.  Actually I never got grooving at all but started hitting the ball a little better.  It was great playing indoors once again and my serve was rocking.  After the practice I went home, took a shower, and headed to a meeting.

 

valley1

 

Afterwards I went up to Deer Valley to check out the resort.  It was a literal ghost town with virtually no one there.  The drive is great and beautiful and overlooks all of Park City.

 

deer valley 005

 

Deer Valley is where supposedly all the big wig millionaires and celebrities ski.  It is pretty nice but I'm definitely not blown away by the village.  I'm sure there are way better ski areas in the country but what do I know.  I'm sure it is better than skiing in Park City as they don't allow boarders and it's pretty expensive which keeps out the crazy teens.

 

deer valley 011

 

 

Mail lift at center of village.  I'm really ready to ski and it's almost torture to keep seeing the snow but not be able to test out the skis.

 

deer valley 016 

 

I don't know if it is obvious that these shots were taken with my inexpensive little 5 megapixel point and shoot.  I don't think the camera takes very good pictures but it is very convenient and works for now.  Eventually I'll get a nice point and shoot as I don't think it works as well as others I've seen, same model that is.  Perhaps the guy sold it on ebay because he didn't like the quality.

 

I didn't get a picture of most of the amazing homes on the mountain but here is a little taste.  Some crazy money up there and most are 2nd and 3rd homes.  Nice lifestyle.

 

deer valley 006

 

One more week until I start working and I'm really ready.  It is crazy how slow the day goes by here as it gets dark at 5:30 and most things are done inside.  I could kill a mean day in San Diego running around, going to the gym, riding a little, and eating burritos.  Here the clock literally seems to move at half the normal pace.  Wow.

 

I went out with a woman from Match today and met up at a coffee shop in Salt Lake.  She was really nice and we got along really well it seemed but I'm just not really attracted to her.  Typical story.  I don't know, it just seems difficult to go in not being psyched about it or having that charged up energy in my chest.  It's probably my craziness playing out again but here I go again.  I always want the women that aren't available or don't want me. 

 

It's supposed to snow a lot this week.  We'll see.  I kind of like it snowing for now.  It's different and different it good!

0 comments: