Saturday, August 23, 2008

Long Break

Posted by Tim

Well, I haven't posted much here lately.  Just don't feel like I have much to say.  Not exactly feeling great about things these days but it is my own creation.  I am not sure what is going to give or what I'll finally agree to do or what will finally open up in the way of an opportunity that I'll finally take.  I just keep going around and around in my crazy head.

 

This week I went down the The Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs and applied as a waiter.  I walked in Cheesecake and it looked like a casting call for a movie.  Kids lined up on the bench with clipboards in hand, filling out applications.  This manager finally came and grabbed me for a little chat.  The guy couldn't make eye contact to save his life.  It was actually kind of funny. I stared at his eyes and he would talk for many seconds staring straight ahead.  He finally asked me why after waiting tables so many years ago why I wanted to get back into it the craziness of the restaurant industry.  I really didn't have a good answer for him as I really feel the same way.  I just told him I just moved to San D. and wanted to get established and settled.  He told me that if I didn't hear anything within 24 hours that they had gone with other people.  I never heard anything back.  If I were him as well I would hire the eager college students who are going to be around all year and might even work 4 years at the restaurant.  Just good business.  I could leave next week.

 

Went on the Swami's ride today again and got pounded once again.  I just don't have it these days.  I gained 10 pounds since I moved here and I can definitely tell.  Hauling the extra weight up the hills is practically killing me.  I have to start eating better again and getting control of my eating.  I was 186 the other morning.  On the rollout though I saw Chris Horner chilling on the side of the road.  Apparently he used to ride for Swami's back in the day.  He is an awesome rider and he won the Sea Otter and Redlands in the past and was 15th in the Tour de France in 2007.  He didn't ride with our group but I think a few guys rolled up towards Camp Pendleton and he rode with them.  Pretty cool.

 

I swear it's 92 degrees in my room right now.  It's practically a sauna and I'm getting tired of it.  There is no AC out here for some stupid reason and it is just too hot.  I know it's San Diego and you don't need AC supposedly but that is in an ideal world.  My room faces the afternoon sun and it just gets freaking hot.  My feeling is, why not just have it all.  Even if one only uses the damn AC 2 times a year, it will be nice on those 2 days.  Just seems like some kind of ideal that they strive to achieve out here, no AC!!!  I would rather there be no heat.

 

Tomorrow I think I'm going to play some tennis and maybe ride a little.  Not much else really going on.  I do need to start being social in other arenas again as I don't have much momentum on the friend tip.  It just seems hard to penetrate other peoples' worlds and routine.  I don't know.  Thanks for reading. 

0 comments: