Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Working!

Posted by Tim

Well, I got the temp job and I start tomorrow.  It was a roller coaster, however.  In the morning the recruiter called and said they went with another candidate, which they did.  I then had a phone interview for another accounting position.  The HR person called right on time, to military precision, and began the interview.  It was ridiculous.  Tell me about a situation where you had to work with people from various backgrounds and values and how you handled it.  Tell me about a time when you had a problem at work and how you handled it.  Tell me about a problem that you foresaw before a customer notified you of the problem.  It was all pretty much crap and I just answered it as best I could and hung up without the slightest bit of energy on the situation.  I was very indifferent to the entire position so at least I wasn't stressed out and worried about getting the job.  Obviously a corporate machine I would probably not want any part of.

 

I got a call from the recruiter after lunch asking me if I could possibly start tomorrow as the current worker they sent wasn't cutting it.  I said yes and hung up.  They finally called around 3:30 and let me know that I was good to go.  Should be really good to get my into a routine for a bit and get some money coming in.  I'm going to try and start living on that amount of money if things work out with the position.  It's in Solana Beach a few blocks from the beach so that is going to be cool.  I think I might start bringing my bike to work and riding afterwards.  I might even start commuting if I can figure out how to get there and shower.  There is a 24 hour fitness pretty close so I could shower there.  I'll see.

 

The Olympics is still going awesomely.  It was great seeing Phelps win Gold in the 200 fly tonight but I could tell he wanted more.  I really think he could have gone faster and he knows it.  He is just so much better than everyone else and it's beautiful to see the domination.

 

It's 11:00 and I should start getting ready to go to sleep but I'm used to going to bed in 2-3 hours.  It'll be fun getting to work at 7:30.  I noticed a lot of early hours out here, most likely due to the West coast companies doing business with those in the East.

0 comments: